Microsoft Windows 2000; Microsoft Windows XP; Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition; Microsoft Windows Vista
What you will see
It is not possible to retrieve the scan application list during the Downloading Application List step. To determine if the resolution below should be used, the following should also apply:
- It is possible to print either with a network or USB connection.
- It is possible to scan using Windows Photo Gallery (in Windows XP using the Scanner and Camera wizard). NOTE: This can only be tried with a USB connection.
- If scanning from the Imaging Studio software, you should be able to scan with a USB connection, but the Scan to PC option from the operator panel should fail when connected via USB.
There are two patches available to resolve this issue.
Click here to download the 3500-4500/3500-4500.exe patch.
- To start the process, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
- Reboot the PC.
- Unplug the power adapter from the back of the printer.
- Plug it back in after 30 seconds.
- Try to scan again.
If the problem still exists, follow Step 2 below.
Click here to download the 3500-4500/3500-4500wifiethernetpatch.exe patch.
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need to know your machine/model type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near the printer and computer in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving one of these devices.