This Linux driver for Debian Package Manager based distros contains the following packages:
- Lexmark Printer Toolbox - allows users to perform maintenance operations on the device and check ink levels of the cartridges.
- Wireless Setup Utility - used to configure the internal network adapter (INA) in these products. This utility is available to users both during installation, and later to change wireless settings for wireless capable printers.
IMPORTANT: Follow these steps only if your driver is listed on the Linux Compatibility Page. You can also check the Home or Small Office/Home Office compatibility list for more information.A. RUNNING THE GUI INSTALLER SCRIPT IN THE TERMINAL
- Open up your favorite terminal (xterm, konsole, gnome-terminal, etc)
- Extract the zip file
- Use the following command to install the driver
- Follow the instruction in the installation screen.
B. RUNNING THE GUI INSTALLER SCRIPT
- Do not attach the printer via USB to the Linux machine.
- Extract the zip file.
- Run the installer script file by double-clicking on the file icon and then click the "Run in Terminal" button or run the script file via command-line.
- Follow the instructions in the installer screen.