This package contains multiple updates for the Lexmark S300 Series Mac OS X 10.6 installer.
- Lexmark Application folder alias on the dock
Note: The Lexmark S300-S400 Series folder alias has been removed from the desktop.
- New Edit Device application for managing USB-attached and networked Lexmark all-in-one printers
- 'Lexmark All-In-One Center scanner' application is renamed to 'Scan Center'
- 'AIO Setup Utility' application is renamed to 'Printer Settings'
- New Install flow for Print queue creation
- Location of Lexmark applications and web links are moved to [Main HD]/Applications/Lexmark folder
Fixes/updates for this release:
Installing on Mac OS X 10.6:
- Reduced PDF file sizes and image dimension sizes
- 'No device detected' issue with Apple's Image Capture Application when using the Auto Document Feeder is now fixed
- Auto-cropping is now turned off by default using the Scan Center application
- Uninstall the previous S300 Series software
- Navigate to [Main HD]/Library/Printers/Lexmark/2009/Lexmark S300-S400 Series folder on Finder
- Launch the S300-S400 Series Uninstaller and follow the instructions
- Download the S300SeriesWebInstaller_2.0.0. The web package will be auto-mounted.
- Double-click Install
- Follow the instructions on the computer screen
- The installation process ends with the Printer Setup screen of the Lexmark Setup Assistant.
Follow these instructions for adding a print queue for networked connections:
- Click the Add Print Queue button
- Click the Default tab on the Add Print Queue screen
- Select the S300-S400 Series printer under the Printer Name list
- Click the Add button
- Click the Done button on the Lexmark S300-S400 Series Setup Assistant