Click Properties in the title section above.
What you will see
The printer posts a 202.05 paper jam error with the paper stopping in rear door. The jammed sheet may look like one of the images shown below.
Check media type
- Verify whether the printer supports the type of media you are using. See the printer’s User’s Guide for more information.
- When printing specialty media, check that it meets all recommendations specified in the printer’s Cardstock & Label guide.
- Check the condition of the media.
Check how the media is being loaded
- Check media level. Make sure the paper trays are not over filled and that the tray guides are set correctly.
- Make sure the media size & type settings match the actual paper size & type loaded in the printer.
- Ensure that the media stack's corners are straight; i.e., that the sheets are aligned.
- Check the media's condition. Make sure its edges are not damaged and that no sheets are locked together.
- Fan the media to make sure no sheets are locked together or that nothing is causing the sheets to stick together.
Check the printer
- Check for any obstruction in the paper path, duplex path, and media tray pass through areas. Clear the obstruction if one exists.
- Check the condition of the pick roll and separator roller. Clean the rollers if necessary. Also check the paper tray for any signs of damage.
NOTE: Should any of the rollers be worn out or if the paper tray shows signs of damage, contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up printer service.
- When printing, make sure that the rear door is fully closed. If the rear door fails to close fully or should it show any signs of damage, contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up printer service.
Still need help?
If you need additional assistance, please go to the Lexmark support site, type your printer model and locate Get in Touch with Lexmark! for contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need the following:
- Printer model
- Printer serial number
- Toner/imaging unit/waste toner bottle part number and serial number (for supply-related issues)
Please be near the product/s described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.