Single-Function: MS310, MS410, MS51x, MS610, M1145, M3150
Multifunction: MX31x, MX41x, MX51x, MX61x, XM1145, XM3150
Paper jam with error 241.22 or 241.24 generally results from one of these conditions:
- Curled or wavy media
- Incorrect position of side-paper guides
- Pre-staged media
- Broken tray-lift gear
- Broken media-present flag
- Inspect paper quality and condition; for example, media that is curled or wavy or media that has excessive paper dust, static or moisture.
If the paper is of questionable quality or condition, then load a new ream of paper and test. See loading paper tray instructions below.
Inspect proper position of the paper guides that surround the paper stack.
If the paper guides are too loose or tight against paper stack, then adjust paper guides to the correct paper size and test. See loading paper tray instructions below.
Check for paper that may be pre-staged* (Skewed alignment of paper stack with pages prematurely or partially entering the feed path).
If paper is pre-staged, then see loading paper tray instructions below.
Correct Pre-staged media*
Verify proper operation of the tray's lift gears.
To do this, rotate the bottom gear (looped arrow) counter-clockwise (CCW), and see whether the lift plate (large red arrow) lifts without incident.
If the lift plate moves up and down without difficulty then gears are likely not the issue.If the lift plate fails to move or there is noticeable damage to these gears, contact Lexmark Technical Support.
- Inspect the media present flag for damage. This flag may be dislodged, broken, or bent.
To do this:
- Turn OFF the printer.
- Remove Tray 1.
- Check the media sensor flag for damage.
of media flag at rest
Media flag bent,
causing improper operation
If the sensor is damaged then service will be required.
Loading the paper tray
- Remove Tray 1 from printer.
- Remove media from Tray 1.
Flex, fan, and straighten the sheets before reloading them.
- Lay the flexed media back in the tray and ensure the leading edges of all the sheets are flush and not pre-staged.
Note: Do not slide the paper into the tray. Load paper as shown in the illustration below.
- Lock tray at the proper setting for your particular media.
- Reinsert the loaded tray into your printer.
Normal jam behavior
The error message your printer displays will indicate the location of the jam and additional information to clear it. Open all doors, covers, and trays as indicated on the display to remove the jam. Severe paper jam occurrences may require you to contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance.
Still Need Help?
Have the following available when calling Lexmark Technical Support;
- Printer model(s)
- Printer serial number (MS/MX51x/61x)