Multifunction: MX410, MX417, MX510, MX511, MX517, MX610, MX611, MX617, XM1140, XM1145, XM3150
283.03 error accompanied by the potential observation of concurrent multiple sheets of paper being picked by the automatic document feeder (ADF).
Here are some simple steps to follow if encountering this type of jam:
- Check for debris, paper dust, or other substances on the ADF separator pad, restraint pad, and ADF separator rollers.
- If the ADF rollers are dirty or dusty, then proceed with the following instructions for cleaning the pick roller assembly:
- If the ADF rollers are NOT dirty or dusty, Clean the pick roller assembly anyway.
This will assure that nothing is impairing the rollers ability to pick a sheet of paper.
- Check the side paper guides to make sure they are not too loose and not too snug against the paper stack.
Note: This can also cause paper to skew.
- Adjust the guides and retest.
- If the issue persists, verify the top ADF cover is fully closed.
- Should the error still appear after performing the steps provided, proceed to upgrading the printer firmware.
|Printer model...||If...||Then update firmware to...|
|MX410 / MX51x / XM1140 / XM1145||Below .P231 / .E309||Latest Version|
|MX61x / XM3150||Below .P231 / .E311||Latest Version|
Note: For Steps on how to download and updated the printer firmware, please refer to KB article: HO550
Still Need Help?
Have the following available when calling Lexmark Technical Support;
- Printer model(s)
- Printer serial number