Software / Solution: Lexmark Print Management (LPM) - PrintDelete Script
Expired print jobs are not deleted in the directory even though the PrintDelete script task was executed successfully.
It is possible that other issues could also cause this issue, however, the most common cause is within the customer’s LDD/LPM environment setup and on how the PrintDelete script was set up.
- A customer has multiple workgroup servers at different locations and uses a hybrid setup (Each server uses Firebird database for LDD but shares a common SQL database for LPM). The print directory on each server is just stored locally. Each server also has its own PrintDelete script that are scheduled to run at the same time.
The PrintDelete setup on the sample scenario is not recommended and is expected to have issues because there are different PrintDelete scripts running and the servers are sharing a common database.
This type of setup will cause a conflict which results to orphaned files in the Directory of print jobs.
To resolve this issue, please refer to the recommended setups:
- Only one PrintDelete script should be running.
- Only one shared central repository of print jobs.
- Configure each server with a network share directory
(Sharing a folder in each server).
- Only one PrintDelete script running with access to all the server drives
(It is recommended that the service account used has access to all the servers).
Still Need Help?
Have the following available when calling Lexmark Technical Support, then select Enterprise Solutions from the IVR prompt to be routed to the Solutions support:
- Printer model(s)
- Printer serial number
- Software / Solution