This error message appears because the PET application is not notarized. To resolve this issue, follow either of the two solutions below:
Solution 1 (Recommended)
Download a new version of the PET application for macOS from the Cloud Fleet Management portal.
The user must manually override the macOS warning to allow the PET application to run.
- Go to “System Preferences”.
- Select “Security & Privacy”
- Click “Open Anyway”.
- The warning dialog will be shown again with an “open” button enabled.
- Click “Open” and the PET application will launch.
The PET is now saved as a security settings exception, and it can be opened in the future by double-clicking it, just as any authorized app.
Apple changed the notarization process. The current version of the PET is notarized.
Still Need Help?
Have the following available when calling Lexmark Technical Support;
- Printer model(s)
- Printer serial number
- Name and version of the soluiton