These error messages refer to premature replacement of the toner cartridge even if there is still some coverage left. The x in the error code (88.47x or 88.48x) refers to the toner cartridge that needs to be replaced:
- 88.47C or 88.48C - Cyan toner cartridge
- 88.47M or 88.48M - Magenta toner cartridge
- 88.47Y or 88.48Y - Yellow toner cartridge
- 88.47K or 88.48K - Black toner cartridge
Note: Click the link to play a sample file of a loud clicking / grinding noise that may accompany these errors.
- Perform a power-on reset (POR) on the printer and check if the issue persists. If the issue persists, proceed to Step 2.
- Reseat the affected toner cartridge and lightly shake it in all directions and place the toner cartridge back into the printer and check if the error message has been cleared. If the issue persists, call Lexmark Technical Support.
Still Need Help?
Have the following available when calling Lexmark Technical Support;
- Printer model(s)
- Printer serial number