If you are receiving any type of CLEAR SYSTEM ERROR
on the LCD screen of the printer, do the following:
- Remove the power and the USB cables from the back of the printer and keep the printer disconnected for two minutes.
- Press and hold down the Stop/Clear button.
- Keeping the button depressed, reconnect the power cable. You should first see the message MEMORY CLEARING - PLEASE WAIT on the screen. A READY message should then appear.
- If the error message persists, unplug the power cable again for two minutes and open the printer cover.
- Remove both ink cartridges and repeat step 2.
Install both cartridges back in the printer and press Start. The problem should be resolved.
If the LCD is still displaying Clear System Error, the encoder strip may have been knocked out of position during a paper jam or a cartridge change. Do the following:
- Disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
- Lift the covers on the printer to access the cartridges. The cartridge carrier is located on the right of the printer.
- Move the cartridge carrier across to the center.
- Press the cartridges towards the front of the printer to allow you to take them out.
- Move the cartridge carrier back to the right. Inside the printer there is a transparent belt known as an "encoder strip".
- Run your forefinger along this belt to make sure it is not twisted.
- Move the cartridge carrier across to the left and check the encoder strip again.
- Close the covers and reconnect the power supply cable. The LCD should display Add Cartridge.
- Install your cartridges. The LCD should now display Ready.