NOTE: This article pertains to MPS customers who have purchased Proactive Consumables Management (PCM).
What to do when you see “Toner Low”
Lexmark’s Managed Print Services (MPS) has wide-ranging capabilities that include the ability actively monitor your fleet and provide certain proactive services to your printers.
For example, Lexmark Data Collection Manager (LDCM):
- Monitors and detects consumable alerts from your printer,
- Collects this information, and
- Returns it to Lexmark for analysis and appropriate action.
Lexmark Proactive Consumables Management
Lexmark’s Proactive Consumables Management (PCM) takes care of supplies replenishment for your printers.
PCM, using LDCM, detects printer toner low or empty alerts, returns this information to Lexmark, and a replenishment order is processed.
Replenishment order authorization
Lexmark performs rule-based order authorization prior to routing the order for fulfillment. Successful order fulfillment should meet the following requirements:
- The printer is connected to the network.
- The printer is returning up-to-date meters or page counts to Lexmark.
- 30% of the toner has been consumed since it last placed an order.
When all of these requirements are met, a successful consumable order will be created for your printer and the replenishment toner will ship.
What do you need to do?
What to do when you see a Toner Low warning on your printer depends on who you are within your company or organization:
|'Toner low' message is displayed
||You are a user...||
You are a designated key user with access to Managed Services Portal*...
Check if the printer has a recent supplies order.
To do this:
You are a designated key user with access to Managed Services Portal* and no recent supplies order can be located.
Set up a manual order for the toner cartridge.
To do this:
NOTE: Manual orders placed against a serial number on a PCM-entitled device may potentially create a problem for PCM to work correctly until the problem is corrected.
* Lexmark’s Managed Services Portal provides a comprehensive view of your fleet and an extensive set of capabilities to help you manage them. You will need to have the capability (functionality) to view the fleet and place supplies orders.
If you need additional assistance, please go to the Lexmark support site, type your printer model and locate Get in Touch with Lexmark! for contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need the following:
- Printer model
- Printer serial number
- Toner/imaging unit/waste toner bottle part number and serial number (for supply-related issues)
Please be near the product/s described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.