In duplex (both sides of page) mode printing, areas of the page are missing print or the print in some areas of the page is extremely light. Follow the suggested actions below to identify and resolve the issue.
Print Defect Sample
Click Image to Enlarge
This article will help you confirm the problem. Please refer to the directions in the table below to help determine which hardware part is causing the issue.
Steps Actions 1 Replace the paper in the printer with new paper from an unopened ream. Print a sample page. If issue persists, proceed with the steps below. 2 This issue can be due to an older level of firmware; please update the firmware to the latest version. 3
Download the latest firmware code.
- Go to Lexmark Support website.
- Click the Support & Downloads link on the left-hand pane.
- Type your printer model inside the “Search by Product or Software Name” box, then hit Select. Example: Lexmark CS310 or CX310.
- Click the “Downloads” tab and check the latest firmware version.
- Click the “Download” button and save the file. Make a note as to where you have the files saved.
Note: The downloaded ZIP file should contain a text document (Update Instructions) and an “.fls” file (actual code).
4 If the error persists or if you are having difficulties doing the update, please contact Lexmark Technical Support for other troubleshooting suggestions.
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating your printer's model type and serial number, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.