Color misalignment occurs when the colors are not aligned to each other; for example, if Green text is being printed, the Yellow and Cyan will both be visible but slightly offset. (See red-outlined examples in the image below.)
Print Defect Sample
This article will help you confirm the problem. Please refer to the directions in the table below to help determine the hardware part causing the issue.
Steps Actions 1 To correct the issue, power off the printer and wait for ten seconds before powering it back on. Do this procedure three to five times to allow the printer to perform the Auto Color Correction and Alignment process. 2 To force an Auto Color Correction and Alignment, navigate through:
- Menus > Settings > Print Settings > Quality Menu > Color Adjust
If issue persists, download the latest firmware code.
- Go to Lexmark Support website.
- Click the Support & Downloads link on the left-hand pane.
- Type your printer model inside the “Search by Product or Software Name” box, then hit Select. Example: Lexmark CS310 or CX310.
- Click the “Downloads” tab and check the latest firmware version.
- Click the “Download” button and save the file. Make a note as to where you have the files saved.
Note: The downloaded ZIP file should contain a text document (Update Instructions) and an “.fls” file (actual code).
4 If the issue persists or if you are having difficulties doing the update, please contact Lexmark Technical Support for other troubleshooting suggestions.
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating your printer's model type and serial number, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.