What you will see
Cannot print and print jobs build up in the print queue.
What is known:
- The printer is active on the network* or via local USB cable connection.
- A certain percentage (%) of the print job is spooled before stopping.
- The Wi-Fi indicator light is green.
- The problem persists after the computer is restarted.
- The problem persists after the print queue is cleared.
- You have one or multiple firewall applications actively running on your computer.
* To display and navigate the printer's web page, use http://printer_IP_address, where printer_IP_address is the TCP/IP address of the printer or AIO.
HINT: Print the network settings page to obtain the IP address or view the TCP/IP address value via the printer's operator panel under Setup > Network Setup > TCP/IP > View or Set IP address. (Press Cancel to undo.)
Two printer software processes may be blocked by firewall software on your PC or Macintosh. The pswx and jswx processes play an important role in delivering print job status and printer alerts.
Step Action 1 Open the software firewall application. 2
Add lxcqpswx and lxcqjswx (applications) as exceptions even if they are not showing as blocked.
Help: If unsure how to add these exceptions, see the firewall manufacturer's end-user documentation or use the manufacturer's technical support services for assistance.
Driver Processes and Ports Utilized by Your Printer
Communication Not Available; Printer No Longer Responding to Print Requests; Document Failed to Print
Networking and Installation Table of Contents
If you require additional assistance, please contact Lexmark Technical Support. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need the machine/model type and serial number (SN) of your printer.
Please call from near the computer and printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task on one or both of these devices.