Blue Background on Scanned Image: USB Twain Scan Driver Anomaly Not Observable with Network Scan
|Lexmark X340||Lexmark X342n|
A blue hue or blue background appears behind an image acquired from an X340 or X342 MFP. This does not occur with a network scan-to-PC.
Connection TWAIN image acquisition Operating system USB Yes Microsoft Windows
You can alleviate this problem as follows:
- Download the X34x_ICC_Update File.
- Using WinZip, expand the self-extracting executable file to an easy-to-find destination.
- Double-click on the icc.exe file to automatically update the file located in Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color.icc
- You must select Lexmark X342n Twain when using Twain in order for the fix to work.
- You will also need to make sure that color adjustment is selected. Click here for an illustration.
If you require additional assistance, please contact Lexmark Technical Support. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need the machine/model type and serial number (SN) of your printer.
Please call from near the computer and printer in case the technician asks you to perform a task on one or both of these devices.