X4900 and X7600 Series Inkjet Firmware Fix for Various Fax and Printing Anomalies
|Lexmark X4950||Lexmark X4975||Lexmark X7675|
What you will see
Certain printing or fax anomalies have been observed with the listed printers. The firmware attached below addresses all of the following:
- Intermittent reboot of X4900 Series inkjet printer
- Inconsistent duplex or two-sided printing behavior
- Unexpected reboot of the printer if the cartridge carrier is blocked or the cartridge release doors are left open while the device is turned on
- Fixed sequence issue with the cartridge installation screens
- Internal firmware check for digital line removed during initialization
- While in manual fax mode, pressing *9* (for example) does not work if the user enters the number immediately after going off hook.
- Receiving a fax from a slow fax machine may fail if noise or a low quality phone signal is detected.
- Certain X7600 Series All-in-one fax issues in Thailand, UK, Austria, and South Africa
VOIP NOTE: Fax over IP (FOIP) requires the VOIP router/modem to properly convert a digital internet signal to a clean analog phone signal. This task, which is commonly performed by a digital-to-analog converter (DAC), may add noise or degrade analog signal quality. Additional filters may be needed.
Fix: Printer Firmware update via USB connection
Step Action 1
Download the printer (box) firmware.
Note: New printer firmware versions will vary by printer model as follows:
When prompted to Save or Run, select Save and choose a location that is easy to find.
Tip! Windows Desktop is recommended.
When the download is complete, double-click on the .exe (self-extracting executable) file.
Accept the License Agreement, and click Next.
The AIO Firmware Update Utility will open and display an update confirmation. Click Yes.
Note: If the confirmation is not visible, move the AIO Firmware Update Utility window out of the way.
The Utility displays a progress bar and the printer displays Updating firmware, Do Not Power Off Machine.
Firmware Update Complete will appear at the end of the update.
NOTE: Click here for a walk-through image.
After updating the printer code and before contacting Lexmark
If your symptoms persist after you have updated the printer firmware, it is recommended that you download and install the latest printer driver.
It is also recommended that you check or confirm your current printer and network code levels before contacting Lexmark. To do this:
- Print the Test page to obtain the printer code level. You will find this page under Setup > Maintenance > Print Test Page on the printer operator panel.
- Print the network settings page (X4650 example) to obtain the network code level. You will find this page under the Network or Network Setup menu.
Still Need Help?
If you require additional assistance, please contact Lexmark Technical Support. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your printer/model type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near the computer and printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task on this device.