"No Scan Driver Has Been Registered" Message When Opening X560 MFP Express Scan Manager Application
When attempting to open the Express Scan Manager application that comes with the X560 MFP, you receive a message that says, "No scan driver has been registered."
By design, a local USB connection is required for the Express Scan Manager application and the TWAIN driver must be installed for successful communication.
- Verify USB cable connectivity between computer and printer.
- Insert the installation CD, or download and run the Lexmark X560 MFP System Administrator package from Lexmark.com.
Note on System Administrator package: To save time, click No to All if a dialog window displays [C:*]\lexmark\drivers\autorun.inf file is already on your computer. Click here for image.
- Click on Install Scan Driver. Click here for image.
*The drive letter may vary.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on Scanners and Cameras.
MS Vista path: Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Scanners and Cameras.
- Click on Add Device or Add Imaging Device.
- At the Scanner and Camera Installation Wizard, click Next.
- Click Have Disk.
- Browse to the Windows Scan directory on the CD or the file directory on the computer, e.g. C:\lexmark\Drivers\Windows Scan\
- Double-click on the appropriate 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) Windows 2K, 2K3, XP, or Vista file directory.
- Locate and select the 32-bit lmzgbzm.inf or 64-bit lmsgbim.inf (information) file.
- Click Open.
Observation: Successful TWAIN driver installation will create a Lexmark X560/twain32 directory. Click here for image.
Local Scan Requirement
Details Operating System Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Server 2003 USB Interface USB 1.1 and 2.0 supported TWAIN Driver
NOT automatically installed during software installation. You must click on Install Scan Driver. See step 3 of 'TWAIN driver installation' above.
NOTE: Only image file types (such as TIFF) are supported; network TWAIN is not supported.
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
The X560MFP supports WIA in Windows XP, 2003 and Vista.
Exception: Windows 2000 did not implement WIA into the operating system. Accordingly, TWAIN driver installation will be essential for scanning with this version of Windows.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Lexmark Technical Support. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your printer model/machine type and serial number.
Please call from from near the MFP and the computer in case the technician asks you to perform a task on one or both of these devices.