How to fix an export error; How to fix export server settings; MarkVision Professional 11.1; MarkVision Professional (MVP); Microsoft Windows Server 2003; Microsoft Windows XP; Microsoft Windows NT, Terminal Server; Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server; Microsoft Windows NT4 server; Microsoft Windows 2000; Microsoft Windows NT 4
What You May See
When you select Export Server Settings under the MarkVision toolbar option, the error message Export Error, Error Occurred during the export settings appears after you click Export within MVP 11.1.
Unidentified corruption of the *.elm files causes this anomaly.
WARNING! This procedure will require the recreation of created folders. It is recommended that you back up needed folders first. Click here if you are unfamiliar with the backup procedure.
- -Stop MVP Server and the MVP Web Server. Click here for more information or see 'Additional Information' below.
- -Navigate to the ...\Lexmark\Markvision Server\granite\data\*.elm files.
- -Delete all the *.elm files, e.g., rootFolder._folders.elm, rootFolder._rootFolderForClientsRef.elm, rootFolder._uniqueNumber.elm...
- -Restart the MarkVision server.
- -Launch the client application.
- -Recreate the created folders.
- -Repeat the export settings steps to verify a successful fix.
You can restart the services using the Services Management tools.
Win 2K: Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services >MarkVision Server or MarkVision Web Server; Start/Stop.
Win NT: Go to Control Panel > Services and select MarkVision Server or MarkVision Web Server; Start/Stop.
Win XP and 2003 Server: Go to Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Services and select MarkVision Server or MarkVision Web Server; Start/Stop.
Still Need Help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need to know your printer model type and serial number.
Please call from near the printer and MVP server in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving one of these devices.