The printer will display the message "Remove Paper - Standard Bin" each time you power it on or whenever you try to print.
The printer thinks the output bin on the top of the printer (where the paper rests) is full. If there is no paper on top of the printer where the exit bin is, the likely cause of the message is that the exit flag is out of position, stuck, or possibly broken.
IMPORTANT! If there is any paper in the output bin, please remove all paper before continuing with the steps below. If the error clears once you have removed all of the paper from the output bin, try printing again to see if the message returns.
Step Action 1 Power off the printer. 2
Remove the redrive cap (top exit) cover.
- Locate the redrive cap (top exit) cover. It is located at the rear of the printer, just above where the paper exits. See image below.
- Lift up on the right-hand side of the cover. CAUTION! Lifting the cover may require some force. Be careful.
- Remove the redrive cap cover.
Reinstalling the cap
NOTE: When reinstalling the redrive cap cover, slide the left-hand side in first. There are two tabs that need to slide in first under the printer top cover.
When the left side of the redrive cap cover is in place, line up the right-hand side of the cap and snap it down into place.
Look for the bin full/paper exit flag. When the printer is looked at from the front, the flag is located towards the left-hand side. See the area highlighted in the images below.
NOTE: If the flag is missing, the printer will require service to correct the issue. Please contact Lexmark Technical Support or a local authorized service provider for additional assistance. See Still need help? below for more information.
Ensure the flag is not stuck. Carefully lift up on the end of the flag and then let go. The flag should move easily and should fall down (pointing almost straight down) when there is no paper in the output bin.
- If the flag appears to be moving freely, place the redrive cover back onto the printer and try printing again. See if the Remove Paper message returns.
- If the flag appears to be sticking, it may have popped out of one of the holders. Carefully push down on the arm of the flag and see if any part of it snaps back into place. If it does and the flag now moves freely, place the redrive cover back onto the printer and try printing again. See if the Remove Paper message returns.
If the flag is snapped into the holders correctly, see if you can find another obstruction causing the flag not to move freely and clear it. If you cannot locate the reason for the flag sticking, please contact Lexmark Technical Support or a local authorized service provider for additional assistance. See 'Still need help?' below for more information.
NOTE: If any part of the flag or the holders appear broken or damaged, the printer will require service to correct the issue. Please contact Lexmark Technical Support or a local authorized service provider.
If none of the above suggestions resolve the issue, or if you need help arranging service, please contact Lexmark Technical Support or a local authorized service provider for additional assistance.
If you call Lexmark Technical Support for assistance with your printer, please be prepared to describe the problem you are experiencing and any troubleshooting steps you have already taken. You will also need to know the printer's model type and serial number. This information can be found on a label located on the inside of the printer, under the upper front cover.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving the printer.