Searching... does not display USB001, USB002, USB003, USB004 etc.
- Click here for the Device Manager entries. Look primarily for the Other Devices entry with 9300 Series and Lexmark 9300 Series listed as values.
If Other Devices is absent from the list, try the following:
- Verify that your Universal Serial Bus Controller entries do not display an X, !, or ? symbol. If they do, contact your computer manufacturer.
- Reconnect the temporary connection cable between computer and printer.
- Power the printer OFF and back ON.
- Try removing and reinserting the power supply.
- Reboot the computer.
- If connected to a powered or passive USB hub, try connecting the printer directly to the computer.
- If connecting the temporary connection cable to a latptop port replicator or docking station, remove the laptop from the device and connect the temporary connection cable directly to the laptop.
- If installing the printer for the first time, let the initial notification balloons run their complete display cycle, close the last remaining balloon, and close the last remaining ' Found new hardware ' window.
"Gathering wireless information" returns the following:
- NO Network Names (SSIDs)
- NO Network Names detecting print server, auto, and Ad-Hoc
Printer Wireless Default Settings
|BSS Type (Connection Mode)||Ad hoc|
|SSID (Network Name)||Print server|
|Wireless Security Mode||Disabled|
|Preferred Channel Number||Auto|
NOTE: Ad hoc mode is channel-specific.
Refer to your network adapter's embedded web server, software, or User's Guide, for default Ad hoc channel information.
NOTE: The printer's Auto preferred channel number should configure itself to the correct channel.
NO Network Names (SSIDs) or NO Network Names detecting print server SSID
|Operating system is not configured to accept Ad hoc connections.||Common|
- Refer to the WiFi PC card User's Guide for specific steps on creating an Ad hoc connection.
- Refer to the operating system support options.
- Click here for an article on allowing Ad hoc connections.
|Operating System -Available Wireless Networks setting is not configured for print server (SSID). ||Common|
- Click here for an article on verifying the current active network and connection types, and switching networks.
|When selecting View Available Wireless Networks, discovery performed by the PC's WiFi card has not yet discovered the printer's Print Server Network Name (SSID).||Common|
- Wait until after the printer's medallion (light) has come on (approx. 20 -120 seconds).
- After the light has come on, you may still have to wait another ~30 seconds for the PC's wireless adapter to discover the printer.
- See Available Wireless Networks
|Printer's WiFi Medallion (light) has not finished initialization. ||Common|
- Communication with the computer will not take place until this light has come on.
- After the light has come on you may still have to wait another ~30 seconds for the PC's wireless adapter to discover the printer.
|Next Stage of Installation||...|
"Unable to connect to the Wireless network"
Network Name was located and selected, but port creation fails.
"Configuring the wireless printer adapter and verifying it can access the network, please wait..."
- Click View Settings to see what you selected.
Print a network settings page. Click here
Using the settings page; check the following values: Status:
11 Mbps Address Source:
Auto IP Address:
0.0.0.0 BSS Type:
Ad hoc SSID:
print server Preferred Channel Number: 11*
Current Channel: 11*
Compare values. If the printer and computer settings differ greatly, there is a good chance you never successfully created an Ad hoc connection and port creation will fail.
- Click here for an article about verifying the current active network, connection types, and switching networks.
- Perform the ipconfig procedure to verify the computer's IP address. Click here for instructions.
HINT: If your computer has a gateway value other than 0.0.0.0 and a subnet other than 255.255.0.0, there is a good chance your computer is configured for a different connection type. Click here for image.
HINT #2: If your computer has a similar IP address, the same netmask, and the same gateway address, there's a good chance you have successfully configured an Ad hoc connection. Try selecting I want to change the settings I entered.
- Verify that the correct wireless mode was selected, i.e. Ad Hoc.
- Move the printer closer to the computer.
- Try connecting again.
|Port appears to be successfully configured; however, attempting to print fails.|
Click here for port determination and selection.
Verify that the printer is not offline and indicates Ready.
Ping the printer's IP address. This value appears on the network settings page.
- Again, click here for instructions on printing the network settings page.
- Click here for ping instructions.
Otherwise, refer to the 3rd party firewall suggestions below.
|Port appears to be successfully configured; however, attempting to scan fails.|
|Scan name not available||Less Common|
- Click here for information on creating a scan name.
- Click here for information on removing a scan name.
3rd party Firewall Software is blocking ports utilized for scanning process.
- Click here for more information regarding granting permanent exceptions.
- Temporarily disable the firewall application.
- Avoid temporary or grant- once exceptions during the installation.
- If disabling the firewall software corrects the problem, contact the firewall software manufacturer for further explanation and instructions.
- Refer to the firewall manufacturer's documentation and support.
|Port appears to be successfully configured; however, attempting to print or scan fails. |
Follow the above suggestions for both print and scan failure. Alternatively, try recreating the port using the Wireless Setup Utility. Click here for instructions.
NOTE: Depending on your specific circumstances, reconfiguring the port requires resetting the printer's network settings, reattatching the USB temporary connection cable, and reconfiguring your computer scan names for network-scan functionality.
|While installing the software my mouse or keyboard stopped working. ||Click here for an updated software version and fix. |