Color documents come out in black (monochrome) print, regardless of the printer and driver settings.
Consult the following article: 'Printer Not Printing Color Documents' Also check the printer's Quality Menu or Setup Menu to verify that Print Mode is set to Color.
The Printing Permissions feature allows administrators to control color printing costs by identifying authorized users using a combination of host and user tables.
NOTE: Remember to check the Override settings in the Hosts Table. The Override feature allows you to override user-level permissions on a specific host computer. Accordingly, if a user with access to the Users Table task had set their color permissions to On, the color permission for their host computer could still be disabled by setting the Color permission to Off and the Override permission to On in the Hosts Table.
Click here for an MVP 11 image.
Required Administrator Values
- Host Name - Windows name or computer name.
- User Name - Login ID (user name).
* Embedded Values
- DEFAULT - specifies how the printer should behave if the host is not one of the other entries in the hosts table.
- MFP_SCANNER - specifies how to handle jobs from the MFP's scanner on color MFPs.
- default - specifies how to handle jobs from user IDs not found in the hosts table.
- noname - specifies how to handle jobs which do not have associated user IDs.
Please consult the MarkVision Professional User's Guide for more information on configuring this feature. Click here to choose your region, follow the publications link, and select MarkVision Professional 11 User's Guide.
Current products supporting MVP 11 Printing Permissions include:
- C76X Series
- C77X Series
- C52X Series
- C53X Series
** New products may be supported but not represented in this list.
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for service, you will need to know your printer model type and serial number.
Please call from near MVP server and the printer in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving one of these devices.