To update the engine code:
- Go to http://support.lexmark.com/printerfirmware and enter the appropriate authorization code for your printer model as follows:
- Optra S (4059) series printers: 4059engn
- Optra T610, Optra T612, Optra T614, Optra T616 printers: optrateng
- Lexmark T520, Lexmark T522, Lexmark T620, and Lexmark T622 printers: lextengn
- Lexmark T630, Lexmark T632, Lexmark T634 printers: eng550428
We recommend saving the file within a directory on your computer's hard drive. Once it has been saved, go ahead and run the file (which is a set of self-extracting ZIP files). Running this file will create a set of .PJL files and a file entitled Readme.1st. The Readme.1st file contains directions for sending the file over through a parallel connection. To reinstall the engine code on the printer using a TCP/IP, network, or FTP connection:
- Go to Start, Programs, MSDos Prompt.
- Change to the directory that contains the engine code file.
- Type ftp <TCP/IP Address of printer> and then press ENTER twice. For example: ftp 123.456.78.900
- Type bin and press ENTER.
- Type put and press ENTER. The printer should now read Upgrading Engine Code.
If the error does not return on power up, continue using the printer, but keep an eye on it for the next week or two. If the 902 error does not come back, the printer should be fine. If the 902 error does return, the engine/system board will most likely need to be replaced