To remove a print job from Windows XP:
- Click Start, Printers and Faxes and double-click on the Lexmark printer driver.
- Open the Printer menu and select Cancel All Documents. This will purge the print queue so as to allow the printer to print or uninstall the driver.
- If the print jobs are not removed from the queue, click Start, Run, type Net Stop Spooler, and press ENTER.
- Click Start, Shutdown, and select Restart. The documents or the print jobs should be removed.
If you are having difficulty deleting the print jobs in the printer spooler, do the following:
- Restart the PC in "safe mode". To do this:
- Click Start, Shut Down and select Restart.
- While the PC is restarting, press the F8 key on the keyboard. Note: Do not hold down the key down, but be aware that you may need to press it several times.
- When in safe mode, click Start, My Computer.
- Double-click on the (C:) drive.
- Double-click on the Windows folder.
- Double-click on the System32 folder.
- Double-click on the Spool folder.
- Double-click on the Printers folder.
- Select the contents of this folder and click Delete.