MVP 11.1 Plug-in for Lexmark 258X and 259X Series Dot Matrix Printers; A Brief Overview of Features & Limitations
MarkVision Professional (MVP) now supports the ability to perform administrative tasks with Lexmark's latest network-ready dot matrix printers. These printers include:
The latest dot matrix printer offerings require an MVP plug-in.
MVP will add the following:
- The new 'task' (Settings > 258x/259x > Configure) provides management of all settings equal to that found under Configure on the 258x/259x printer web page. NOTE: One exception is Top-Of-Form.
- The new 'task' (Settings > 258x/259x > Top-Of-Form) provides read/write management of the top-of-form in inches or centimeters.
Known issues include:
- 258x/259x setting nodes appear under Print Server instead of Printer device policy.
- All configurable device settings are categorized under Print Server in the Device Policies feature.
- The Configure Macro table under Settings > 258x/259x > Configure is not supported in Device Policies.
- If 'centimeter' units are used in the Configure Macro table (task 258x/259x > Configure), slightly different converted column values (i.e. Top-of-Form ***) may result if MVP is utilized.
- The Disable Macro option becomes unavailable after it is used and will only reappear after another macro (1-4) is reapplied.
- Considerable wait time after applying setting changes which require an automatic device restart.
Remember: This is the first version of the plug-in and future versions should resolve most of these issues.
All the languages that were supported in the MarkVision 11.1 release are also supported by this plug-in.
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need to know your printer model type and serial number.
Please call from near the printer or MVP server in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving one of the devices.