Set up on Mac OS X Lion requires two basic steps:
Lexmark printer drivers are available for download via Apple’s Software Update utility.
Follow instructions below to download:
1. Select the Apple icon from the menu bar.
2. Select Software Update.
3. The utility will automatically check Apple servers for updated software, including Lexmark Printer Drivers, if available.
4. On the Software Update list, select Lexmark Printer Drivers then click Install.
5. The drivers will be automatically downloaded to your Mac.
6. After download, the driver package will be mounted and installed on the system.
NOTE: Driver version may be newer than what's depicted in the image below, i.e, 2.5, 2.9, 2.10
NOTE: If the Software Update utility does not detect any Lexmark printers, you may also download Lexmark printer drivers via Apple’s website.
After completing driver installation, make sure that the printer is on Ready state. Follow the steps below to add a print queue for your printer on Mac OS X Lion.
A. Using Network connection
Network printers need to be connected to the same network as your Mac. For network printers that are not yet connected to the network, use Wireless Setup Assistant or make use of USB connection.Follow the instructions in Section B. Using local (USB) connection.
NOTE: Certain wireless configurations may cause network print jobs to print slowly.
B. Using local (USB) connection
Connect the USB cable to the printer and the computer. If a print queue is not created, follow the steps below to manually add the print queue. Do not disconnect the USB cable!
Clean Up Old Printer Driver Files
1. Uninstall your old Lexmark printer driver by running the Lexmark Uninstaller. Go to Finder > Applications > Lexmark > and launch Uninstaller. Follow the instructions in the computer screen to remove the software. If the Uninstaller is not available, use the clean-up utility.
* Uninstaller is applicable only to (a) network printers with Bonjour support for InkJet products (b) C792 Series, X792 Series, C925 Series and X925 Series for Laser products.
a. Go to System Preferences > Print and Scan
b. Remove the object by clicking -.
NOTE: There are certain configurations where some Lexmark files may still remain on the system after running the uninstaller. Further clean-up may be necessary. Click here.
Find out how to send a print, scan or fax job to your printer from Mac OS X Lion. Read below to learn more.
How to send a print job
Using Scanner Proxy
To use scanner proxy:
Using Image Capture
To use Image Capture:
NOTE: Lexmark All-in-One Scan Center, TWAIN and OCR Scanning are not supported on Mac OS X version 10.7.
How to send a fax job
Fax Setup Utility and the AIO Setup Utility are not supported on Mac OS X version 10.7. Fax settings may be adjusted through the printer’s operator panel.