This utility will clean any residual files left after uninstallation of the X63 software. To download and run the file:
- Create a new folder on your desktop.
- Click here to go to the Lexmark website.
- Go the Drivers & Downloads page.
- Select your Language and Printer and then the relevant Operating System.
- Click on Version 1.0. You will be prompted to run the program or save it to disk.
- Choose Save this program to Disk and browse to the folder you created in step 1.
- Double-click on the LXKX63CLEAN.EXE icon. A WinZip Self-Extractor file will open.
- Ensure that the following options are selected:
Overwrite files without prompting
When done unzipping open
- Click Unzip.
- Click OK.
- Accept the Software License Agreement. The following screen will appear:
- When you are sure that all the instructions have been completed, click OK. A progress bar will track the status of the uninstallation.
- When this has finished, you will be prompted to Restart the machine now.
- Click Yes.
- When the PC has restarted, you can download and install a new driver. Click here to access it. Then follow the procedure above from step 3 again, but this time click on Version 22.214.171.124. in step 5.