About this video
This video is provided for example purposes only. It is intended to familiarize users with the installation of a driver as a Web Services Device via Add Printer Wizard.
NOTE: Windows 10 drivers may not be immediately available. In the meantime, you may use Windows 8 or 8.1 driver packages for Windows 10 supported printers.
The following sequence of procedures you need to perform are summarized in the video below:
- Extract files to a temporary folder.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Remove the check mark next to "Launch the Add Printer Wizard after extraction completes".
- Extract to C:\Lexmark\Lexmark_Universal_v2_UD1_PCL. NOTE: Make sure to take note of this path.
- Open File Explorer > This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Lexmark > Lexmark_Universal_v2_UD1_PCL > Drivers > Print > GDI, and copy the full directory path (press Ctrl+C).
- Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > View devices and printers.
- Click Print server properties > Drivers tab > Change Driver Settings > Add.
- Click Next in Add Printer Driver Wizard.
- Select x86 for 32-bit, and x64 for 64-bit OSes/drivers.
- Click Have Disk....
- Press Ctrl + V in dialog box for Copy manufacturer's files from: to paste the directory C:\Lexmark\Lexmark_Universal_v2_UD1_PCL\Drivers\Print\GDI.
- Highlight the printer, click Next, and then click Finish. NOTE: A new printer driver entry appears under Print server properties.
- Select Add a printer.
- Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname.
- Select Device type: Web Services Device.
- Enter the printer's Hostname or IP Address.
- Click Next, or change the Printer name before clicking Next.
- Click Finish. NOTE: A new printer appears under Devices and Printers.
If unable to view the video above, see the video below. You may need to wait for the video to load since the file size is approximately ~8MB.