About this video
This video is provided for example purposes only. It is intended to familiarize users with the installation of a print queue-based Universal Print Driver (UPD) PS using the driver and software CD.
NOTE: Windows 10 drivers may not be immediately available. In the meantime, you may use Windows 8 or 8.1 driver packages for Windows 10 supported printers.
The following sequence of procedures you need to perform are summarized in the video below:
- Observe extraction of files to a temporary folder.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Remove the check mark next to "Launch the Add Printer Wizard after extraction completes".
- Extract to C:\Lexmark\Lexmark_Universal_v2_UD1_PS NOTE: Make sure to take note of this path.
- Locate the extraction location via File Explorer > This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Lexmark > Lexmark_Universal_v2_UD1_PS > Drivers > Print > GDI, and copy this directory path (Ctrl +C).
- Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > View devices and printers.
- Click Print server properties > Drivers tab > Change Driver Settings > Add.
- Click Next in Add Printer Driver Wizard.
- Select x86 for 32-bit, and x64 for 64-bit OSes/drivers.
- Click Have Disk....
- Press Ctrl + V in dialog box for Copy manufacturer's files from: to paste the directory C:\Lexmark\Lexmark_Universal_v2_UD1_PS\Drivers\Print\GDI.
- Highlight the printer and clicking Next, and then Finish NOTE: Notice a new printer driver entry appears under Print server properties.
- Click Close.
- Select Add a printer.
- Select Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname, and click Next.
- Select Device type: TCP/IP Device.
- Enter the printer's Hostname or IP Address, and click Next.
- Select Lexmark from the Manufacturer list.
- Locate the printer driver under Printers, and click Next NOTE: This is the same driver you saw under Print server properties.
- Select Replace the current driver, and click Next.
- Type a printer name (optional).
- Click Next to see Installing printer....
- Select Share this printer so that others on your network can find and use it.
- Enter a share name, click Next.
- Click Finish NOTE: A new printer appears under Devices and Printers.
If unable to view the video above, see the video below. You may need to wait for the video to load since the file size is approximately ~7MB.