Scan Log Produces a Mail Server Response of File Size Too Large; Scan to E-mail Behavior
|Lexmark X264||Lexmark X363||Lexmark X364|
|Lexmark X463||Lexmark X464||Lexmark X466||Lexmark X644e|
|Lexmark X646e||Lexmark X651de||Lexmark X652de||Lexmark X654de|
|Lexmark X656de||Lexmark X658de||Lexmark X850e MFP|
Intermittent Scan-to-E-mail failure.
- -Your Scan Log displays a scan-to-e-mail failed message.
- -Your SMTP gateway (e-mail server) has file size restrictions for policy reasons or other.
- -The Mail Server Response on the Scan Log may specify a File Size Error message.
NOTE: The actual error message varies and is dependent upon individual configuration preferences.
- -The e-mail server may respond with a file size error message.
- -You may not have configured a file size limit on the MFP.
Decrease the max file size on the MFP. This setting helps respect your e-mail file size policy.
To do this:
- Open the MFP embedded web server. e.g., http://MFP_IP_Address, where IP Address is the individual TCP/IP address of the MFP.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on E-mail/FTP settings.
- Click on E-mail settings.
- Specify the Max E-mail Size in KB.
- Enter a Size Error Message; e.g., the file's size exceeds e-mail server limitations.
- Click Submit.
NOTE: X64xe, X78xe X85xe, X945xe Series MFP path: Configuration > E-mail/FTP settings > E-mail Server Setup. A value of '0' means that no limit is set.
- - In order to scan to e-mail, a conversion of the scanned data must take place.
- - The scan data is converted from binary to base64.
- - The conversion increases file size by ~33%.
- - This data conversion process is reversed after receipt of the appended e-mail attachment and the file size is returned to its original file size.
- - For example, a 4000KB file will actually be sent as a ~5320KB file.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Lexmark Technical Support. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your MFP machine/model type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near a computer and printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving one or all of these devices.