The first time the MFP is turned on, you will be required to run the Initial Setup Wizard.
This wizard is designed to configure the following:
- -Time zone
- -Primary functions
- -Additional functions
Primary and Additional functions
Of greatest importance during the initial setup is the selection of Primary or Additional Button functions. These function icons will be viewable on the MFP 'Home' screen:
Primary (All Enabled out of box by default) Additional "Home" screen buttons Copy Bookmarks Fax Change Language Copy Shortcuts FTP E-mail shortcuts Flash Drive Print FTP shortcuts Flash Drive Scan Jobs by user Flash Drive Firmware Updates Profiles Use Profiles USB Drive
IMPORTANT! Before you begin, it is important to know that previous MFP selections will be retained in an effort to prevent re-entry of settings such as SMTP server and Fax Station
If you need to disable or enable any function (feature) at a later time, perform the following:
- From the operator panel, select Menus > Settings > General Settings > Run Initial Setup > Select Yes > Submit, or from
the Optional embedded web server: Settings > General Settings > Run Initial Setup > Submit.
- Reboot or turn the MFP off and on.
- Follow setup steps through Language, Country, Time Zone until you reach Functions to Enable.
- Place or remove a checkmark next to the primary functions of interest.
NOTE: If you remove a function, its corresponding LCD icon will be removed.
- Click Continue and repeat the Step 4 for the additional home buttons.
- Click Continue to finish the initial setup.
Click here for example illustration.
Embedded Solutions NOTE: You may have to turn the device off and on a second time to re-establish your embedded solution applications.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Lexmark Technical Support. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your MFP printer/model type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near the computer and printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving one or all of these devices.