How to Print the Menu Settings Page on a Lexmark T65x Series Printer
|Lexmark T650||Lexmark T652||Lexmark T654|
The printer has the ability to print many types of internal pages without being connected to a computer or to a network. The most useful of these is the Menu Settings Page (also known as an Internal Test Page). This page, or set of pages, shows all the current user settings and code levels on the printer.
Printing the menu settings pages can be useful in a number of ways. For example:
- If you are experiencing a configuration problem (e.g., paper is not feeding from the correct tray), you can use the settings pages to check the current printer settings to ensure they are all correct.
- Keep a printed copy of these pages as a record of the printer's current settings in case the printer is ever serviced or one of its settings is accidentally changed.
- When updating any firmware code on the printer, print the menu settings pages to confirm that the code level updated successfully.
- If you are experiencing problems getting the printer to work properly, printing the menu settings page(s) can be a useful way of determining if the hardware of the printer is the source of the problem. If the menu settings page prints correctly, the source of the printing problem is probably not the hardware of the printer. This is especially true for communications problems (e.g., if the printer does not respond when you send a print job to it).
- The menu settings pages are also useful as a reference for locating items in the printer menu system.
You will need to use the buttons on the printer's LCD screen. To select and print the menu settings page(s), do the following:
Step Action 1
Confirm that the printer is powered on and at the Ready or the Power Saver state.
Press the Menu () button once to enter the printer menu.
Press the button until the checkmark is next to Reports.
Press the button once to enter the Reports menu.
Note: A new list of menu choices should appear.
Press the button until the checkmark is next to Menu Settings Page.
Press the button once.
Note: The printer should display Printing Menu Settings Page and the menu settings page(s) should print out.
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.