Methods for Identifying the IP Address of a Lexmark X4600 Series AIO or Printer
|Lexmark X4630||Lexmark X4650||Lexmark X4690|
|Lexmark Z2420||Lexmark Z2490|
This article provides instructions for obtaining the IP address of the printer. Several methods are outlined as not all printer models offer the same possibilities for identifying their IP address.
Click here for instructions.
- Press Setup ().
- Press the right or left arrow button until Network Setup is displayed, and then press ().
- Press the right or left arrow button until TCP/IP is displayed, and then press ().
- Press () again when View IP Address appears.
NOTE: This method will only work if the printer has been configured and is communicating over the network.
- Go to Start, Programs, Lexmark, Tools.
- Click on Network Configuration Utility.
- Wait until the utility finishes searching the network.
- Identify the printer and note its IP address. HINT: The MAC address will confirm which device corresponds to your printer.
IMPORTANT: This method is not guaranteed and entry parameters will be different if manual intervention was taken to change the default host name or Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
- Obtain the MAC address from the back of the printer and enter the prefix ET into the address (URL) field of your web browser followed by this MAC address, i.e. http://ETXXXXXXXXXXXX.
NOTE: You may have to enter .local after the MAC address.
- Click on Reports.
- Click on Print Server Settings.
- Locate the address under TCP/IP.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Lexmark Technical Support. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your machine/model type and serial number.
Please call from near the printer and the computer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving these devices.