This article details USB installation of the X2600 Series on the Windows operating system.
(Click on Image.)
1 Insert the installation CD into the drive. 1a The driver can also be downloaded from the Lexmark Technical Support website using the Drivers & Downloads section. Save the file xx2600xxxx.exe (name depending on the operating system) to the desktop, and double click on it. Image 2 Welcome... will appear. Click Install.
3 Accept the License Agreement, and click Continue. Image 4
Install Additional Software will appear. Make your selection and click Continue.
Setting Up a New Printer? will appear. Select Yes, I am setting up this printer for the first time, and click Continue.
NOTE: If the printer has previously been configured on another machine, select No, my printer is already set up. I am installing it on another computer. Go to Step 7 below.
Now perform the following unpacking, and printer preparation steps, clicking Continue after each step performed:
- Unpack the printer.
- Remove all tape and packing materials from the printer.
- Extend the paper exit tray.
- Raise the paper support.
- Extend the paper guides.
- Connect the power supply (brick).
- Connect the power cord to the power supply and wall outlet.
- Make sure the power is ON.
- Open the access cover.
- Press down the cartridge levers.
- Remove the tape from the cartridges.
- Insert the cartridges.
- Press the cartridge covers down until they snap into the cartridge levers.
- Close the access cover.
- Load paper.
- Press and hold the Scan button for three seconds. An alignment page prints.
- Place the printed page on the scanner glass.
- Press the Scan button again. Once scanning is complete, your print cartridges have been aligned for optimal print quality.
- Discard or recycle the alignment page.
Connect Your Printer appears. Connect the USB cable between the PC and printer. Select Connect USB Cable now, and click Continue.
8 Print a Sample Page, and click Continue. Image 9
Product Registration appears. Select whether or not to Register the product and take part in the Lexmark Connect Program. Click Continue.
Image 10 When Thank You appears, click Finish. Image
If you need additional assistance, please contact Lexmark Technical Support. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near a computer and printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving one or all of these devices.