Locking the Admin Menu using an operator panel PIN# is useful for the following purposes:
- - Prevent accidental reset of the network memory found under Network Settings.
- - Secure device from the following Admin menu change options:
- - Address Book
- - Print language
- - Network settings
- - Parallel settings
- - USB settings
- - Fax settings
- - System settings
- - Maintenance
- - Secure settings
- - Admin Reports
- - Scan to e-mail
- - Prevent use of scanner and fax functions with the Scan/Fax lock.
- - Require password entry when receiving faxes with the Secure Receive lock.
NOTE: Scan/Fax and Secure Receive lock features are only available after the Admin PIN# is set.
- Make sure the printer is at Ready.
- Press the System button to display the Setup menu options.
- Press the directional Up or Down buttons until Admin Menu is displayed, and then press OK.
- Press the directional Up or Down buttons until Secure Settings is displayed, and then press OK.
- Press the directional Up or Down buttons until Panel Lock is displayed, and then press OK.
- Press OK.
- Press the directional Up or Down buttons to select Enable, and then press OK.
- Press the directional Up or Down buttons until Change Password is displayed, and then press OK.
- Enter the four-digit PIN (Personal Identification Number), and then press OK.
- Press the Back button until Ready is displayed or to return to the Setup (selection) screen menu.
An 'Input Admin Password' message will now greet any user trying to access the Admin Menu. NOTE: Contact your network administrator or IT personnel if you require access to this menu. Lost, forgotten, or improperly set passwords will require contacting Lexmark. See 'Contacting Lexmark' below.
Repeat the above procedure, enter your Admin password (PIN #), and proceed to the Secure settings option to enable these features.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Lexmark Technical Support. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your printer model type and serial number.
Please call from near the MFP in case a technician asks you to perform a task involving the device.