How to Access and Use the Lexmark (Model) Series Center for Scanning in Macintosh OS X.5 Leopard: Two Different Procedures Based on Connection Type
|Lexmark X4630||Lexmark X4650||Lexmark X4690|
|Lexmark Z2420||Lexmark Z2490|
This article describes two methods for scanning a document to your Macintosh computer.
The connection type will determine whether you can use the Lexmark (Model) Series Center software. IMPORTANT! The Series Center software supports USB connections only. Network scans will need to be initiated from the All-In-One.
- Double-click on the printer application folder that should be visible on your desktop. If it is not visible, try Mac OS X.5 hard drive > Applications.
- Double-click on the Lexmark #### Series Center software application.
- See IMPORTANT! above and confirm the proper connection type before attempting to scan a page. Click here for image.
- Select your scan preferences. Click here for image.
- What is being scanned? Photo, Mixed Graphics and Text, Magazine or Newspaper, and Black Text.
- How will the scanned image be used? To be printed, viewed on a monitor, or faxed.
- Send scanned image to: (The list of applications depends on the installed applications and your customized settings.)
- Prompt for multiple pages
- Prompt to name each page
Lastly, click Scan.
You have to initiate the scan from the All-In-One. This method also works with a USB-connected All-In-One.
- Follow steps 1-3 above.
- If necessary, click on Advanced in the Menu bar.
- Advanced > Network Scan Settings will allow end-user scan-to-name configuration. Write down your Computer Name and PIN if one is listed, or create an entirely new name, or change an existing name. Click Save.
- Advanced > Network Scan Access shows the available All-In-Ones on your network that may have scan abilities. OPTIONAL: Record the model and IP address for additional identification in a multi-printer environment.
- Go to the printer.
- Navigate the printer menu until the Scan option is displayed, or press Scan Mode.
NOTE: The rest of the procedure varies by All-In-One model type. Please refer to your User's Guide for the remaining instructions.
- Press Select or the checkmark.
- You will see Downloading scan applications list from your computer displayed the first time you access this feature.
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need to know your printer model type and serial number.
Please call from near the computer and printer in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving one of the devices.