In order to set up a Scan to E-mail profile, you should first upgrade your Marknet N2501e card to firmware 5.18.8 or higher.Note:
Before setting up a Scan to E-mail profile, make sure all the parameters listed under Scan to E-mail General Setup
have been properly configured.
Documents can be sent in either of two formats:
- Attachment -- a copy of the scanned document is sent in an e-mail message to the recipient as an attachment
- Web link -- the scanned document is sent to a storage area on a website, and only a web link to that site is sent to the e-mail recipient.
- In the URL field of the web browser, type the IP address of the MFP and press ENTER.
- From the list on the left of that page, select Create Scan Profiles.
- From the list of options, select E-mail Scan Profile.
- Specify the recipient and the sender. If desired, assign a subject and add a message to the content of the e-mail.
- Select the type, resolution, and size of the original document.
- Specify whether the file is to be sent as an e-mail attachment or a web link.
- Assign a Profile Name: once assigned, this name will show on the screen of the MFP control panel.
- Click Submit.
- Walk over to the MFP specified in the scan profile.
- Load all pages into the OptraImage.
- On the OptraImage control panel, press the Fax/Scan mode button until SCAN->PROFILE appears on the screen.
- Press Menu> until the specified scan profile name shows on the screen.
- Press Go/Send to start scanning.