Help Me Install the Z1400 Series Printer; Getting Started and Wi-Fi Articles T.O.C. (Table of Contents)
|Lexmark Z1410||Lexmark Z1420|
How to access core documents for this printer; Installation; Setup; How to install; How to set up; Core documents; Core networking documents; Core installation documents; Microsoft Windows Vista; Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition; Microsoft Windows Server 2003; Microsoft Windows XP; Microsoft Windows 2000; Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Wireless setup and wireless networking troubleshooting article links have been assembled into a Table of Contents to assist you. This table of contents is organized into basic installation concepts as follows:
- Installation-related procedures
- Port reconfiguration
- Network settings and network configuration
- Troubleshooting and additional support
NOTE: If these articles do not assist you in resolving your installation anomaly, please provide feedback to Lexmark Technical Support. Lexmark welcomes comments from customers as part of an ongoing endeavour to improve online support services and article quality. See 'Still need help?' below.
Ad hoc mode
Wireless Setup Utility (WSU) (NOTE: In Macintosh environments this is called the Lexmark Series Setup Assistant.)
- How to Reconfigure the Printer Using the Wireless Setup Utility (post-installation reconfiguration)
Network Settings and Network Configuration
- Access the Wireless Router/AP and Obtain Security Settings (D-Link example)
Troubleshooting and additional support
Wi-Fi Indicator Light
- Wi-Fi Indicator Light and Printer Status
- Blinking Orange and Not Communicating
- Solid Green and Not Communicating
- How to Reconfigure the Printer Using the Wireless Setup Utility
- The Effects of Firewalls on Communication (The article discusses AIO products; however, firewall issues can also arise with the Z1410/1420.)
- IP Ports Utilized by '07 Products
- Processes Utilized by '07 Products
If you cannot find or access the 'PUBs' directory on the supplied installation CD, click here for equivalent documentation on Lexmark's publications web site.
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need to know your printer model/machine type and serial number.
Please call from near the computer and printer in case a technician asks you to perform a task involving one of the devices.