(click on Image for the illustration)
| 1||Insert the installation CD into the drive.|
| 2||Welcome..., select Install. |
| 3||Accept the License Agreement, and click Continue.||Image |
Install Type will appear.
If you would like to change your target install directory, select Custom; otherwise select Typical and click Continue.
Setting up a new printer? will appear.
Select Yes, I am setting up this printer for the first time, and click Continue.
NOTE: If your printer was already configured for an Infrastructure network, the WiFi light indicator may be flashing orange. It is advisable to reset the printer and select Yes, I am setting up this printer for the first time.
Now perform the following unpacking, and printer preparation steps, clicking continue after each step performed:
- Unpack the printer.
- Remove all tape and packing materials from the printer.
- Raise the operator panel.
- Raise the paper support.
- Extend the paper exit tray.
- Load paper and adjust the guide.
- Connect the power cord, check insertion of the power supply (brick).
- Connect the power cord to the power supply and wall outlet.
- Make sure the power is ON.
- Set language, if needed.
- Set the country, if needed.
- Raise scanner unit.
- Press down on the blue cartridge levers.
- Remove the tape from the cartridges.
- Insert the cartridges.
- Press the spring-loaded cartridge covers down until they snap into the blue cartridge levers.
- Close the scanner unit (cover).
- Press to print the alignment page.
NOTE: If the above instructions do not appear, move the entire Transfer Software window out of the way. One window may be covering another window.
IMPORTANT! Print out the network settings page now. Click here for instructions. (Alternatively, be aware that the SSID will be print server ######.) Refer to the sticker on the back of printer for the last six digits of the UAA value.
You will need the SSID (network name) during the selection processes.
Check the Wi-Fi indicator. It should be orange for first-time installations; select Orange, and click Continue.
Other possibilities include:
- No light - This would indicate that the printer is turned OFF, a possible hardware failure, or that the device is in power saver mode.
- A green light - This would suggest that this printer has already been configured and is communicating with some access point. This is to be selected if installing software on additional computers.
HELP: For an extensive list of status possibilities of the Wi-Fi indicator light and possible troubleshooting tips, click here.
Prepare the computer for the Ad Hoc connection.
|Click on the Network Status icon.||...|
|Select Connect to a network.||Click here|
|Locate your printer's SSID (i.e. print server 02CD60). ||...|
|Highlight it, and click Connect.|
NOTE: You may see a message indicating that this is an unsecured network; click Connect Anyway.
|You should see Successfully connected to "print server ######".||...|
|Click on the Network Status icon to verify your limited connection. ||Click here|
NOTE: This step can be performed after step 6, but you will have difficulties after step 11 because at that stage the two devices (printer and computer) will try to handshake and configure the printer and operating system for printing.
How do you want to connect your printer? Select Wireless Connection, and click Continue.
Connect the installation cable between PC and printer.
NOTE: You may see Found New Hardware. If so, select Don't show this message again for this device.
A site survey for other wireless devices will now take place.
NOTE: This will only search local subnets or network segments.
Choose a Network will appear.
If your printer's network name (SSID) is displayed in Connect to <e.g. print server 02CD60>, select it, and click Continue.
OPTIONAL STEP 12:
The following conditions may require you to select Connect to another network and click Continue:
- you reside in a heavy network traffic or congested area
- the printer is farther away than other wireless devices.
After you select Connect to another network, a list will display all available wireless networks/devices.
Your printer SSID has a question mark next to it.
- See Step 8 and verify that you are connected to the correct print server.
- Select manually enter network information, and enter your SSID and channel.
Your SSID is not listed.
- Make sure the printer is on.
- Make sure the WiFi indicator is orange.
| Image |
After you click Continue in step 12, Network Security Information will appear. Enter the Security network key, and click Continue.
Ad hoc seldom requires a security key, so select No Security in use, and click Continue.
| 14||Your printer is connecting to your network will appear.|| Image|
| 15||Remove the installation cable.|| Image|
Connection Successful. Your printer has successfully connected to your wireless network. Click Continue.
A green Wi-Fi light indicator should not be present on the printer.
Identify This Computer...This is the 'Scan-to-PC name', i.e. the name selected from the front user interface/LCD to scan a file back to the PC.
The optional security PIN serves to prevent unauthorized access/scans to your PC.
| 18||Final configuration takes place with a message saying Please Wait preparing your printer.|| Image|
| 19||Print a sample page, and click Continue.|| Image|
Select whether or not to Register the product and take part in the Lexmark Connect Program. Click Next.
| 21||Congratulations, click Finish. || Image|