This article aims to provide you with a basic understanding of the concepts and critical values required for successful installation and setup of the X3500n-4500 Series Inkjet in a direct computer-to-printer wireless environment.
SSID (Service Set Identifier) = Network name
See Wireless Glossary for an explanation.
Ad hoc Mode is decentralized, which means that it does not require the use of an access point (AP). However, this connection mode is slower (11Mbps) and does not offer the same level of security as Infrastructure Mode. Click here for an ad hoc configuration example.
The computer must be in Ad hoc mode. See Step 8 for a Windows Vista example or see 'Related Articles' for further information.
IMPORTANT SETTINGS! The Network settings page (mentioned in Step 6 in the second table below) contains basic settings critical to successful configuration. (Click here for instructions on printing this page.) If your listed default values are different from those in the table immediately below, you may want to do the following:
- If the software is already installed on the computer and the Wi-Fi indicator is blinking orange, run the Wireless Setup Utility. See 'Related Articles' below.
- If the Wi-Fi indicator light is in another state, click here for an article describing the Wi-Fi indicator light states and Printer Status.
- Perform an ipconfig procedure on your host computer. Check to see if the computer's IP address is 169.254.#.# and if the netmask (subnet) is 255.255.0.0. See 'Related Articles' below. NOTE: With ad hoc configurations, the network settings page should not have a gateway value, and Address Source should read Auto IP after configuration and setup of the printer.
Network Settings Page Value Default Values
ON Enable DHCP ON Address Source
- (DHCP - Would indicate that the device was previously configured)
- (Auto IP - This will lead to a 169.254.#.# address with a 255.255.0.0 netmask after successful communication with the computer.
Post-configuration state for Ad Hoc mode when computer is turned off or switched to a different network connection.
Post-installation state - The light will stay orange and Address Source will read Auto IP until the laptop or computer is able make a connection with the printer.
BSS Type Ad Hoc SSID (network name) e.g. Print Server 02CD60 UAA - MAC address
e.g. 00200002CD60 (printer-unique)
Notice that the SSID uses the ending values of the MAC address.
NOTE: The UAA (MAC address) is also located on the back of the printer.
NOTE: This six-digiit alphanumeric value becomes part of the port name and helps to identify the correct port for capture should the need arise.
IP parameters (address, netmask and gateway).
- address - 0.0.0.0
- netmask - 255.255.255.0
- gateway - 0.0.0.0
If your settings do not match the above and you are sure the printer has never been installed on your computer, click here for instructions on resetting the printer's network settings.
(click on Image for the illustration)
1 Insert the installation CD into the drive. 2 Welcome..., select Install.
3 Accept the License Agreement, and click Continue. Image 4
Install Type will appear.
If you would like to change your target install directory, select Custom; otherwise select Typical and click Continue.
Setting up a new printer? will appear.
Select Yes, I am setting up this printer for the first time, and click Continue.
NOTE: If your printer was already configured for an Infrastructure network, the WiFi light indicator may be flashing orange. It is advisable to reset the printer and select Yes, I am setting up this printer for the first time.
Now perform the following unpacking, and printer preparation steps, clicking continue after each step performed:
- Unpack the printer.
- Remove all tape and packing materials from the printer.
- Raise the operator panel.
- Raise the paper support.
- Extend the paper exit tray.
- Load paper and adjust the guide.
- Connect the power cord, check insertion of the power supply (brick).
- Connect the power cord to the power supply and wall outlet.
- Make sure the power is ON.
- Set language, if needed.
- Set the country, if needed.
- Raise scanner unit.
- Press down on the blue cartridge levers.
- Remove the tape from the cartridges.
- Insert the cartridges.
- Press the spring-loaded cartridge covers down until they snap into the blue cartridge levers.
- Close the scanner unit (cover).
- Press to print the alignment page.
NOTE: If the above instructions do not appear, move the entire Transfer Software window out of the way. One window may be covering another window.
IMPORTANT! Print out the network settings page now. Click here for instructions. (Alternatively, be aware that the SSID will be print server ######.) Refer to the sticker on the back of printer for the last six digits of the UAA value.
You will need the SSID (network name) during the selection processes.
Check the Wi-Fi indicator. It should be orange for first-time installations; select Orange, and click Continue.
Other possibilities include:
- No light - This would indicate that the printer is turned OFF, a possible hardware failure, or that the device is in power saver mode.
- A green light - This would suggest that this printer has already been configured and is communicating with some access point. This is to be selected if installing software on additional computers.
HELP: For an extensive list of status possibilities of the Wi-Fi indicator light and possible troubleshooting tips, click here.
Prepare the computer for the Ad Hoc connection.
Step Image Click on the Network Status icon. ... Select Connect to a network. Click here Locate your printer's SSID (i.e. print server 02CD60). ... Highlight it, and click Connect.
NOTE: You may see a message indicating that this is an unsecured network; click Connect Anyway.
Click here You should see Successfully connected to "print server ######". ... Click on the Network Status icon to verify your limited connection. Click here
NOTE: This step can be performed after step 6, but you will have difficulties after step 11 because at that stage the two devices (printer and computer) will try to handshake and configure the printer and operating system for printing.
How do you want to connect your printer? Select Wireless Connection, and click Continue.
Connect the installation cable between PC and printer.
NOTE: You may see Found New Hardware. If so, select Don't show this message again for this device.
A site survey for other wireless devices will now take place.
NOTE: This will only search local subnets or network segments.
Choose a Network will appear.
If your printer's network name (SSID) is displayed in Connect to <e.g. print server 02CD60>, select it, and click Continue.
OPTIONAL STEP 12:
The following conditions may require you to select Connect to another network and click Continue:
- you reside in a heavy network traffic or congested area
- the printer is farther away than other wireless devices.
After you select Connect to another network, a list will display all available wireless networks/devices.
Your printer SSID has a question mark next to it.
- See Step 8 and verify that you are connected to the correct print server.
- Select manually enter network information, and enter your SSID and channel.
Your SSID is not listed.
- Make sure the printer is on.
- Make sure the WiFi indicator is orange.
After you click Continue in step 12, Network Security Information will appear. Enter the Security network key, and click Continue.
Ad hoc seldom requires a security key, so select No Security in use, and click Continue.
Image 14 Your printer is connecting to your network will appear. Image 15 Remove the installation cable. Image 16
Connection Successful. Your printer has successfully connected to your wireless network. Click Continue.
A green Wi-Fi light indicator should not be present on the printer.
Identify This Computer...This is the 'Scan-to-PC name', i.e. the name selected from the front user interface/LCD to scan a file back to the PC.
The optional security PIN serves to prevent unauthorized access/scans to your PC.
Image 18 Final configuration takes place with a message saying Please Wait preparing your printer. Image 19 Print a sample page, and click Continue. Image 20
Select whether or not to Register the product and take part in the Lexmark Connect Program. Click Next.
Image 21 Congratulations, click Finish. Image
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need to know your printer model type and serial number.
Please call from near the printer and computer in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving on of these devices.