Print History, History Information, or the Event Log may be requested by Lexmark's technical support team when it is not possible to provide a solution over the phone.
Situations in which a Print History page may be requested include:
- 900 errors resulting from PCL interpretation issues, or uncommon PostScript (n model) interpretation errors.
- Random hardware errors whose cause is not easily traced.
In addition to being useful for escalations, the history page can be helpful in identifying common configuration issues. Click here to see an example of an error that indicates 'Unsupported Paper Size'. The history page is especially useful if the Status Window or Status Messenger is not installed, functioning, or available.
Step Action 1 Turn the printer off. 2 Press the left front cover release button and pull the front door down. 3 Press and hold while powering the printer On. 4
Release when the LED is illuminated. NOTE: Be patient as the LEDs will light up in multiple patterns before finally stopping at .
5 Close the front cover. NOTE: Observe that the , , and LEDs will be illuminated at the same time. 6 Press 6 times until the and LEDs are illuminated at the same time. 7
Press and hold until all LEDs flash randomly, then release the button. There will be a moment of LED light inactivity before the LED starts flashing.
8 A page labeled Event Log will be printed out. 9 Turn the printer Off to exit this menu.
Buttons and Lights Identification Key
Continue button and light (LED)
Toner Low/Replace PC kit light
Load/Remove Paper light
Paper Jam light
- Open your browser application, e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.
- Enter the printer's IP address into the URL field followed by /se (ex: http:18.104.22.168/se).
- Select History Information. The same information as on the printed page above (Step 8) will be displayed.
- Click File in the menu bar, and select Save As.
- Name the file, select the desired save in: location (directory/folder), and click Save.
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will also need to know your printer model type and serial number.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving the printer.