Printing the Print Quality Test pages can be useful to you in a number of ways. For example:
- These pages can better illustrate any print quality problems the printer is experiencing, making it easier for a user or a servicer to find the source of the problem.
- These pages also show some of the printer settings that are not found on the regular Menu Settings page, including:
- The region settings for the printer and the toner cartridge
- The printer's margin settings
- The EP (ElectroPhotographic) settings
NOTE: In order to print the Print Quality Test pages, you will first need to enter the printer's Configuration Menu.
Step Action 1 Power off the printer. 2 Make sure there are at least five sheets of paper loaded into the top paper tray (Tray 1). 3 With the power off, press and hold both the button and the button. (For an explanation of the operator panel buttons, click here.) 4 Keeping both buttons held down, power the printer back on. Keep both buttons held down until you see either a stopwatch symbol scrolling down the screen or a set of new menu choices. You can then release the buttons. The printer should now be in the CONFIG MENU. 5 Press the button until the check mark on the left appears next to Prt Quality Pgs. 6 Press the button once. 7
The printer will begin printing the Print Quality Test Pages.
- The print quality test consists of four pages. The first page is mostly text and shows many of the print quality-related settings and their current values, as well as the cartridge information. This page is followed by a gray page with two black squares, then a completely black page, and then a blank page. Click here to view examples of these pages.
8 To return the printer to its normal printing mode, power the printer off, wait 10 seconds or more, then power the printer back on as you normally would. IMPORTANT! The printer will not print while it is in configuration mode.
If you need additional assistance with this issue, please contact Lexmark Technical Support.
NOTE: When calling Lexmark Technical Support, please be prepared to describe the problem you are experiencing or the error message on the display. You will also need to provide your printer's model type and serial number.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving the printer.