Perform the following steps on the operator panel of the printer:
Step Action 1 Press the button to enter the menus. Continue pressing the button until UTILITIES MENU appears on the display. 2 Press the button once. A second line of menu choices will appear. 3 Press the button until Print Menus appears on the display. 4 Press the button once. The printer screen will briefly display Printing Menu Settings. Depending on what options are installed, the printer will then print one or two pages.
Printing the menu settings page(s) can be useful to you in a number of ways. For example:
- You can check the printer's current settings, such as Paper Source and Paper Size, on these pages. NOTE: If you are experiencing a configuration problem (for example, paper is not feeding from the correct tray), you can check the current printer settings as listed on the menu settings page(s) to make sure they are all correct.
- You can check printer statistics such as the toner level, the life remaining on the photoconductor unit, and the printer's page count and serial number.
- You can confirm that the amount of memory installed is correctly listed under Printer Information.
- You can confirm that any installed options are correctly listed under the Installed Features section. These options would include an additional paper tray, additional memory, and any optional network cards. NOTE: If an installed option is not listed under Installed Features, turn off the printer, unplug the power cord, and reinstall the option.
- Keeping a printed copy of these pages means you have a record of the printer's settings in case the printer is ever serviced or a setting is accidentally changed.
- The menu settings page can serve as a reference for locating items in the printer menus.
- If you are experiencing problems getting the printer to work properly, printing the menu settings page can be a useful way of determining if the internal hardware of the printer is the source of the problem. If the menu settings page prints correctly, the source of the printing problem is probably not the printer hardware. This is especially true of communications problems (for example, if the printer does not respond when you send a print job to it).
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance.
When calling for assistance, you will also need to know your printer model type and serial number.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving the printer.