When you have finished printing in black-only mode
, you will need to configure the printer to print in color again and then reinstall the color (i.e. cyan, magenta, yellow) supplies. If this is not done, the printer will display a Replace All Color Supplies
message instead of printing when a color job is sent to it. To enable full-color printing from your printing, do the following:
- Enter the printer's configuration menu. When the printer has finished warming-up, Config Menu will appear on the printer display.
The following messages will appear to prompt you to replace the color photoconductor units and toner cartridges:
|84 Cyan PC Unit Missing||31 Missing or defective Cyan cartridge|
|84 Magenta PC Unit Missing||31 Missing or defective Magenta cartridge|
|84 Yellow PC Unit Missing||31 Missing or defective Yellow cartridge|
- Open the top cover and the front/lower covers and replace the color photoconductor units.
As the stored photoconductor units are removed from the box and installed in the printer, check the color of the toner residue at the clear plastic end of each unit (C).
The residue color should match the color label on the transfer belt in the printer.
- Install the color toner cartridges.
- Close the top cover and the front/lower covers.
- Press until Black Only Mode appears on the display, and then press the button.
- Press until Off appears on the printer display, and then press the button. The words Submitting Selection will briefly appear on the printer display.
- Press until Exit Config Menu appears on the printer display, and then press to complete the procedure. Your printer is now ready to print in full-color mode.