To install MarkVision Professional 11.0 onto AIX, do the following:
- Make sure you are logged on with root user authority. NOTE: Non-administrative users will have permission difficulties.
- Open a terminal session.
- Create a directory called /lexdrive using the following command:
# mkdir /lexdrive
- Open a web browser and go to ftp://ftp.lexmark.com/driver/unix/MarkVision/V11.0/
- Download markvision-pro-aix.pkg.Z into the /lexdrive directory.
- Extract the package file as follows:
# uncompress /lexdrive/markvision-pro-aix.pkg.Z
- Type the following in the command line:
# smit install_latest
- When prompted to enter the input device directory for software, enter:
By default, all packages are installed. However, you can choose to install some packages individually. To install only the packages you want, do the following:
- Under the Software to Install option, select List.
- Select the packages you want to install.
- Click Do.
- Specify any other install options, such as COMMIT.
- Select Do to begin installing MarkVision Professional. A message is displayed when the installation is finished.
- Enter the following in the command line:
Answer any questions that appear. This file will set up the MarkVision Server users for use with the MarkVision Professional server.