To install MarkVision Professional 11.0 onto Solaris SPARC, do the following:
- Make sure you are logged on with root user authority. NOTE: Non-administrative users will have permission difficulties.
- Open a terminal session.
- Create a directory called /lexdrive using the following command:
# mkdir /lexdrive
- Open a web browser and go to ftp://ftp.lexmark.com/driver/unix/MarkVision/V11.0/.
- Download markvision-pro-solaris2-sparc.pkg into the /lexdrive directory.
- Start the package installation program:
# pkgadd -d /lexdrive/markvision-pro-solaris2-sparc.pkg
- When a list of available packages appears, choose one of the following options:
Proceed by answering the prompts that appear on the screen as follows:
- To install all the packages, type all and then press ENTER.
- To install individual packages only, type the package numbers separating them by a comma (for example: 1,2,3) and then press ENTER.
Enter the following in the command line and answer any questions that may appear:
- To accept the defaults, press ENTER.
- To answer yes/no questions, type y, n, or ?, and then press ENTER.
- When a message appears telling you the installation was successful, type q to quit.
This file will set up the MarkVision Server users for use with the MarkVision Professional server.