In order to have the Software Update (Manage Plugins)
option in the MarkVision
menu, you must have the Software Update (Manage Plugins) privilege.
To install a plug-in, follow the steps below. (In this example, support is added for a new printer.)
- From the MarkVision client, open the MarkVision menu and select Software Update (Manage Plugins).
- Click the Install New button.
- From the window that opens, select the plug-in you want to install (the extension for these plug-ins is .mvp). A warning message will inform you that you may need to restart the MVP server in order to activate the plugin.
- Accept by clicking Yes. The plug-in file will be copied on the server by the MVP client and installed automatically. A warning message confirming that the plugin was installed will appear.
- Click OK. Once installed, the plug-in will be listed in the Software Update screen.
- Restart your MarkVision server manually. Please consult this article for instructions.