The printer has the ability to print pages without being connected to a computer or to a network. You can use the buttons on the LCD screen to access the printer's menus. Within these menus are options that allow you to instruct the printer to print a page. The most useful internal page to print for diagnostic purposes is the menu settings page, which lists all the user-defined settings on the printer. If you are experiencing a configuration problem (for example, paper not feeding from the correct tray), you can check these settings to make sure they are all correct.
To print a menu settings page:
- Make sure the printer is at Ready or in Power Saver mode.
- Press the left (<) or right (>) arrow Menu button until you see UTILITIES MENU as a choice. (On the Optra S and K series printers, look for TESTS MENU.)
- Press the Select button. A second line of choices will appear.
- Press the left or right Menu button to cycle through these choices until Print Menus appears.
- Press the Select button. One or two pages will print out. These pages list all the current user settings on the printer.
The illustration below displays sample menu settings pages from different printer models. Note: Your menu settings pages may appear slightly different.