Logs Gzip Compressed or logs.tar.gz contains a comprehensive list of logs required for escalation purposes and more in-depth troubleshooting. This option can be accessed by typing the printer's IP Address followed by /se in the address bar of any web browser; e.g., Google Chrome, Firefox, IE etc. For example, http://192.168.1.2/se. Then click on Logs Gzip Compressed** link to save the file. Here is a sample screen shot below:
- Older Lexmark models released in 2009 or earlier require a hard disk attached to collect these logs. Some examples of these devices: T65x/X65x, T64x/X64x, X86x. To verify if the device has a hard disk installed, go to the printer control panel, look for Reports and print out the menu/device settings page and look under the Installed Features section (see sample screen shot below).
- The models below require their firmware to be at EC4 or newer (available on support.lexmark.com) for the logs to be available without a hard disk.
NOTE: Newer products may contain more information in the logs compared to older products.
Locating the printer IP address
NOTE: The IP Address is displayed on the printer's home screen by default. However, if it is NOT displayed, please follow either of the options below to locate the IP address:
- Depending on the printer model, on the printer control panel, navigate to:
- Menu > Network / Ports > Standard Network > STD NET SETUP or STD Network Setup > TCP / IP > IP Address
- Settings > Network/Ports > TCP/IP > Set Static IP Address
- Depending on the printer model, print out the network setup page from the printer control panel by navigating to:
- Menu > Reports > Network Setup Page, and locate the IP Address on the printed sheet.
- Settings > Reports > Network > Network Setup Page and locate the IP Address on the printed sheet.
IMPORTANT! If your device does NOT belong to any of the supported printers mentioned above, proceed with the individual logs required that are specific to your issue. Click here to return to Escalation Checklists main page.
Still need help?
If you need additional assistance, please go to the Lexmark support site, type your printer model and locate Get in Touch with Lexmark! for contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need the following:
- Name and version of the solution
- Affected printer model/s
- Printer serial number
Please be near the product/s described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.