When MarkVision Professional Server is installed, registry entries are created which point to the location of the JRE version installed. If no version of JRE is installed, MVP will install the version of JRE it was shipped with.
To change the version of JRE being used after MVP Server has been installed, follow the procedure below. Note:
Even though later versions of JRE should function properly, the version MVP was shipped with is the only version of JRE that has been tested with that version of MVP.
- Download the desired version of JRE.
- Install or unzip this version of JRE.
- Stop the MVP Server services via Control Panel, Services.
- Copy all the files and folders from the JRE folder created in step 2 into the \Program Files\Lexmark\Markvision Server\JRE folder. (This is the default installation folder.)
- Restart the MVP Server service through Control Panel, Services. Once MVP restarts, it will be using the new JRE version.