Technical Service Bulletin (Apr. '13)
- Prevents possible 200.21 errors caused by previous code E246
- Correction of Aligner motor direction while detecting Waster Toner Bottle (WTB) full/present status (EV 265180)
- Moreover, added reverse motor function after cover opened and closed (related to the WTB status checking)
- False 925.05 Fan Stall errors
- Photoconductor and transfer belt tracking issue when the printer exits Power Saver
- Number of printer calibrations coming out of sleep mode
- Waste toner bottle performance improvements
|Printer||Available Firmware Filenames||Latest Firmware Code Level||Average File Size|
Machine Type: 5026-3xx, 5xx
Click here to download firmware that addresses the issues stated above.
Firmware Update Recommendations
Step 1: Check your printer's current code level to see whether the engine code is below the level indicated on the table above. See section below should you be unfamiliar with this procedure.
- The printer cannot be in any type of intervention-requested state such as: paper jam, toner empty, tray empty; or any other warning or error message.
- IMPORTANT! Make sure your organization or business has approved this firmware update. DO NOT attempt to upgrade firmware if the printer has a special printer firmware build or the printer is equipped with a downloadable language emulator.
Downloadable Language Emulators (DLEs):
Step 2: Confirm your printer is specifically experiencing the issues referenced in this article.
Step 3: If you can confirm your issue is one listed, then download and update printer firmware. Otherwise, contact Lexmark Technical Support for further diagnosis.
After downloading and extracting the flash (.fls) file, select your update method. See section below.
Large Printer Fleets
IMPORTANT! Do not update firmware on more than one printer until you have tested and confirmed all other device functions are working properly.
IMPORTANT! Make sure the printer is READY to receive firmware, and do not interrupt the printer's power or data connection during the update process.
All .fls files included in the firmware-download package should be sent to the printer.
|Firmware Flash Methods (.fls file extensions)||Information|
|Embedded Web Server (EWS)||Open your internet browser and enter the IP address of the printer. Select Settings > Update Firmware.|
|USB utility||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|USB thumb drive||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|FTP||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|MarkVision Professional||Visit MarkVision website to download the latest User's Guide and perform a search on Print Server updates or Generic File downloads.|
|Printer File Loader
|Click here for the detailed steps.|
Print the Menu Settings Page. Do this from the printer's operator panel:
|1||Press the Menu button on the Operator Panel.|
|2||Touch next to Reports.|
|3||Print the Menu Settings Page.
Note: The printer should read ‘Printing Menu Settings Page’ and the menu settings page(s) should print out.
|4||Check the code level under Device Information section on the menu settings pages.|
Access the printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS). Before you begin, a functional network installation (wired or wireless – not a local USB installation) is required for access to the web server of any Lexmark network printer.
|1||Determine the IP address of the print server within the printer/MFP.|
|2||Launch your preferred web browser application (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer).|
|3||In the address field after the http://, enter the printer's IP address (e.g., http://192.168.1.5 or http://169.254.1.42).|
|4||Click on Reports.|
|5||To check for the code level, click on Device Information.|
Still Need Help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need to know your printer model/machine type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.