Faxing Over VoIP and Vonage Phone Service
Faxing over VoIP; Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP); VoIP support; VoIP faxing;
You experience difficulty sending or receiving faxes when using Vonage as your home phone service.
Vonage recommends doing the following:
- Lexmark Fax Machine:
- Enable the Error Correction Mode (ECM) feature.
- Modify Fax General setting > Memory Use > set to “Equal not All Send”.
- Modify Fax Receive Settings > Max Speed > 33600 bps.NOTE: If fax still fails, reduce the rate to 9600 bps and try again.
Fax SE Menu > Modem Settings > Ext Support > ON.NOTE: For instructions on how to make these settings adjustments, see the section entitled “Faxing” in the printer's User's Guide. If you need more information, see section below.
- Vonage Phone Service:
- Vonage has a bandwidth saver mode setting that can affect fax calls.
- Vonage has a dedicated fax service available that adjusts settings differently from a standard service.NOTE: These settings may need to be altered. If you are still experiencing technical difficulties, please contact Vonage for additional assistance.
WARNING! Lexmark provides the third-party contact information found in this article to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Lexmark does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information. The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Lexmark. Lexmark makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
|1||Go to Lexmark Support website.|
|2||Type your printer model in the “Enter Product Name” field and click OR click on the picture of the correct printer model shown.|
|3||Locate the “Manuals” tab.|
|4||Select “User’s Guide” or any other publications desired and available under the printer model.|
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.